"Coffee Cup Reflection" by Jason Tavares @flickr.com.
(by Steve Krupnik)
– Ask for help when you need it.
– Take it one day or one moment at a time.
– It is ok to say no when you are not ready to do something.
– Be patient with people who may not understand.
– It is ok to not want to do your normal daily routine.
– Don’t be upset when others tell you how to feel.
– Learn to not isolate yourself for long periods.
– Understand people are trying to help, don’t fault them for trying.
– Talking will help you bring out your feelings and emotions.
– Find meaning in your loss and reach out to others.
– Just because someone is gone doesn’t mean they are not with you.
– Eventually people will stop calling, don’t let this surprise you.
Just when things seem to settle down, grief will visit again.
Learn to accept and embrace it.